Kinesiology taping is the method of therapy and rehabilitation based on stimulation of natural reparative processes in the body.
Kinesiology taping at the systemic level works in the following directions:
• peripheral and central nervous system;
• circulatory system;
• lymphatic system;
• musculoskeletal system.
The main effects of kinesiology tape:
• improvement of circulation;
• improvement of lymph outflow;
• pain relief;
• optimization of muscular work;
• stabilization of joints and support of injured tissues.
Kinesiology tape consists of two components:
• 100 % cotton;
• hypoallergic glue.
The tape is air- and water-permeable, but at the same time it is water resistant. Due to these features, it is possible to wear the tape for several days, and it does not loss its properties.
• bases and anchors should be applied without tension;
• for maximal effect, hair should be shaved;
• ends of the tape should be rounded;
• maximally stretch the area of tape application;
• avoid folds on the skin and tape;
• rub the tape for better fixation after application;
• Attention! Additional heating of tape or skin is not required.